BÜMOCIRCLE COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
Welcome to the BümoCircle!
The BümoCircle is a membership community for modern parents who seek out advice, support, tools, and resources, made by and for busy, modern parents. We’re here to grow, to learn, to fail, and to thrive—together. This is a safe place where we empower and encourage one another through this journey of parenthood through kindness, compassion, and empathy.
This place is built on Bümo’s own internal value system—this is important because it’s what we stand for and commit to both internally and externally:
- Respect: Take good care of yourself and others as you would your friends, family and children. Treat everyone with the same amount of respect and kindness.
- Vulnerability: We have real conversations about where we are at in life and what we need to succeed—and are comfortable with change.
- Curiosity: Ask questions, but never laugh or treat others’ ideas and questions as dumb. Be comfortable trying and failing. We are all learners here.
- Inclusivity: We value diversity of age, ethnicity, gender, religion, ability, experience, class, size, and more—and find ways to drive this through every element of the organization.
All of that comes down to one essential thing that you have to remember anytime you do anything in here: Always show respect to others so that we can all continue to enjoy a positive atmosphere in BümoCircle community.
A few specific rules of engagement:
It’s all about R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
No hatred, bigotry, racism, or otherwise disrespectful commentary.
No suggestive language that puts people down.
We want this to be a safe place to ask questions, learn together, fail forward, and grow. Say something
Don’t make it all about you.
We support you and your dreams, your business endeavors and encourage you to seek advice and chat with others, but posts exclusively promoting your business’ page/website/Instagram/Etsy/etc. will be removed. The content you share here should create a two-way conversation and give back to the members of the community in a positive and meaningful way.
Let’s keep it real, but appropriate.
Content is prohibited if it: is illegal, is involuntary pornography, is sexual or suggestive, or encourages or incites violence.
No impersonation of another person or brand.
No predatory behavior like stalking, invading privacy, or revealing other’s personal information.
What happens in the BümoCircle community…
Stays there. We’re serious, no outside sharing.
It is forbidden to:
- Write a profile or trend piece about the BümoCircle community without explicit permission from someone on the BümoCircle leadership team. This includes a published article (online or in print) that comments on activity within the group and makes content from this closed group public.
- Quote from a conversation within the BümoCircle community, screen capture ANY content (files, threads, comments) from the BümoCircle community and share or publicize in any way, or in any other way compromise the confidentiality of the members of this group.
During beta, we’ll simply be deleting content that doesn’t fit within these guidelines. Eventually we will have tools built in that allow the community to moderate by flagging inappropriate or spammy behavior. If we see the same people routinely causing problems, you may be asked to leave the community. So play nice!
BümoCircle does not conduct criminal background or identity verification checks on its users. Use your best judgment when interacting with others.
Though BümoCircle strives to encourage a respectful user experience, it is not responsible for the conduct of any user on or off the Service. You agree to use caution in all interactions with other users, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Service or meet in person.